Thursday, January 3, 2008

"Be the Trouble You Want to See In The World"

I really think it depends from person to person how easy it is to be yourself. It depends how much you CARE, I think, and what people are telling you what they think. For the people who just don't care, there's usually a random spiral downfall that comes and goes slowly. you start taking voices and paths from other people and combining them to create a compound-all over the place-voice that is really kind of fake.

To have my own voice and stay sane, I always think. Usually thinking gets me into trouble instead of out of trouble, depending on the situation (sometimes I think too hard and sometimes I think about what I was thinking about, which usually has something to do with thinking...), but usually thinking is what makes me stay myself. I always think about some quote I read by Dr. Suess once (yeah, I'm lame): “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” I think it means that the ones that don't want you to think what you think shouldn't be around you. You should be around people who have different views than you but still respect yours. If there were more people like this in the world, I think we would be a lot more sane.

I think my biggest distraction from this is boys. Just because sometimes (and I know a lot of us don't say it) but all we really want to do is get the guys we like to notice us. Does it work? Usually not. Sometimes do we lose track of who we are and what we REALLY want (besides some dumb boy that probably doesn't like us as much as much as we like them). Even if we don't like a boy like that, we still try to impress them. Why we do this is totally beyond me (even though I do it too, haha) but we do. Not only is it annoying, but it's honestly really bothersome.

I think another thing is what our parents want. Sometimes we have parents that are really sure that we're going to get into the same school they did and keep going with the "family buisness" (not like a mafia or anything... unless you're into that sort of thing... even though it's illegal, we do what we gotta do). Like, I'm hardcore certain that I want to be a writer once I get older. My dad knows I can write and all, but I think he wants me to do something "more money"-ish so I can actually afford to pay my rent.

I really don't think people should let other people's views (that's a lot of people) affect what they really feel inside. If it was a perfect world, there would only be one Sarah Goldberg or on Emily Rosenberg. Unfortunately, there's about ten million of them and probably a couple Semah Goldenberg floating around. I know it's hard to truely go with what you honestly feel inside and it's not always the easiest, but it is the right thing to do in the long run.

No comments: