Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Voice

No, we don’t need other people’s approval for what we do, but I think we seek other people’s approval for what we do. People may act as if they don’t care what others think about them but everyone does, at least a little bit.
I think it’s really hard to be your own voice because most of us think about what others think. I try really hard to make my own decisions by myself but some times I do think about what others will think. Every one needs to have their own voice because it helps make up who you are as a person, it’s the decisions that you make that show who you are. But we all need an outsider’s opinion sometimes. If the decision you’re going to make is potentially life changing, good or bad, sometimes it’s good to have someone else give you their opinion.
If we don’t listen to ourselves than we can’t be who we truly are. If we let someone influence our life too much than we wont be our selves. I think it’s really important to be who we are and listen to our own thoughts and opinions.
In F451 Montag starts to read the books and almost everyone is against reading. Only a few are willing to break the rules, and he is one of them. He starts to stand for what he believes in which is what we all need to do, because if we don’t stand for something we will fall for anything.


- K. Scott

No comments: