Thursday, January 3, 2008

the voice in your head

I think unfortunately people dont always make their own path to follow. I know I dont always do. I would like to think that I dont care about what other people think about me, but I do. I think it is a lot easier to do what you want when you are little because you are young and dont care if people like you our not. The important choices I have to make in my life I will choose on my own and not take the path most taken. Pressure has a lot to do with caring what other people think of you. Your peers sometimes pressure you to be like everybody else and they make it seem like it is weird to be different. In my opinion, it takes a lot of courage to make your own path in life. You need the strength to stand out of the crowd and do your own thing. I am sad to say that I dont think I have the strength to do this yet. That however is one of my new year's resolution. I would like to be most like me and do what I feel is right to me. Another one of my resolutions is to live life to the fullest and live everyday like it is my last. My friends sometimes distract me from making my own path and following my own voice. Another thing that distracts me from following my voice is the media. They pressure people to be who they arent and they make things seem like it is the "cool" thing to do. However, my friends also sometimes allow me to focus on the voice inside my head. When I am around my really close friends they dont care who I really am and it allows me to be who I want. They wont judge me and will accept me for who I am. Hopefully I can work on being my own person.

No comments: