Thursday, January 3, 2008

Honestly I do think that we need other people's approval on how we live. I mean, you need your own self approval to be happy about something but to really feel confidence I think you need positive feedback from other people. I know that in my life, I always like to have the approval of other people. For example if I get a new outfit that I like. I like it so of course I'll be happy with it but when someone else says "hey I like your outfit" you feel alot better about yourself. And if someone says that they dont like my outfit, I'll get kind of self concious about it. I think its really difficult to have your own voice in today's society as everyone is so judgemental and if someone is different people have problems with them. But you need to make sure that you do listen to your voice, not just the ideas of other people. If all you do is listen to other people and never yourself, you won't be happy. And that is not a way to live. It's alot easier to fall for something if you don't believe in anything. Theres nothing to tell you to say no. I do find myself listening to what other people say about me but I really try to just do what I want to do. In Farenheit 451, this is shown when Montag rises against all the other people and just reads books anyway.

No comments: