Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Voice Inside Of Me


I think we do need someones approval and I also think we need to have our own approval for what we do. I think some things need to be done using our brains and some things need to be done using our parents or other people. I think its hard to be our own voice. I think it's hard because sometimes we don't want to express our feelings because we are shy like me. It's sometimes easy to express because we are very vocal like my sisters. I think if we valued other's feelings and not ours we would be lost. We would be lost because we aren't expressing our feelings, we are only expressing someone else's feelings.


If we don't stand for something we do fall for anything. I think this because if you don't tell someone that you dislike the way they are talking to you, then next time that person will continue what they are doing. My family keeps me focused. They make me realize that I am not a piece of meat that people can walk on. My family reassures me that I matter to them even if I don't matter to someone else.


My shyness distracts me from my real self. I am very shy, which means I don't express my feelings at all. If someone picks on me, I don't stand up for myself. With my shyness I have to have the attitude of "I don't care what people think".


In Fahrenheit 451, Montag is handling this issue pretty good. In the beginning of the book, Montag didn't express his real feelings but towards the end, Montag did. Mildred is not handling this issue very well. She never expresses her thoughts and never lets her feelings show. Faber is an old man, who always expresses his feelings and always tells his thoughts.

No comments: