Thursday, January 3, 2008
My Voice
We don't need other people's approval for everything we do. It is our own choice about what we do with our lives. Although I do think that is some cases it may be important to take in the opinions of others. For example when you are about to do something you may regret later on, such as start smoking or drinking. Personally I think that peoples opinions do matter to me, but not as much as my own opinion. I listen to other peoples ideas because I think it is important to have friends who get along with me. There are some things though that I will refuse to do because I stand for a certain idea. For example I wouldn't ever change my views on issues like the environment or politics unless someone has I good arguement for the other side and I want to switch views. Even though I respect my own voice it is very hard to follow it all of the time. There are certains times when it would just be easier to go with the opinions of others. Also, it is very hard when every thing seems to be going wrong and I can't figure out how to fix it any other way then changing me. In Farenheit 451 Montag is facing simliar issues. His entire life has been centered on things that he views as being meaningless now. Everyone he used to trust and be around is telling him that books are worthless and that reading anything that isn't neccessary is a waste of time. He decided that he would go against what they said and do what he truly wants to. In the end he ended up losing them, but in turn was better off than them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment