Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Voices Inside My Head

Ideas. They are ultimately our own, but are definitely influenced my our surrounding environment. I like to think that I make my decision by myself, but I know that that's not true. I don't think it's true for anyone really. But when it comes down to it, "I'm the decider" (corny Bush accent), and I think I make the right decisions. I, like many others, seek the approval of others, and if you say you don't, I want you to really think hard about it. Because it's human nature and nothing to be ashamed of. I have role models that I try to be like, and I do try to make others like me, and that probably does affect my decisions. I think nobody ever stops looking for acceptance. And I think were always trying, even though we don't think we are. In Fareinflught 451, acceptance matters so much, because anyone that is different, is worthless, and can be picked off. In this effort to be in the norm, all individual ideas are lost. This scenario creates a common thought pool; what I mean is, there is one way to think. This obviously is a terrible thing. The point I'm trying to make is, try to hold on to your individuality. The more we conform, the more we lose our personal ideas. Not that a little conformity is bad, but we should try to be ourselves! Amen

No comments: