Thursday, January 3, 2008

This is a Title - Fancy That!

We don't need other people to approve of what we think is right, but other people can help us if we are disordered. For example, in the book "Infernal Devices" by Philip Reeve, one of the main characters (Hester, Het for short) has been hurt by her horrible childhood and is obsessed with revenge. She does not like anyone to hurt her husband, Tom, in any way, and she will do anything in order to protect him and do what he needs and wants. Due her desire for revenge (remember her ravaged childhood), she kills anyone who gets in her way, and enjoys the killing. Well, I am extremely off topic, but I love Het and want her to be able to face herself and see how she really is. Oh, did I mention that her entire face is disfigured because the man who killed her parents chopped her face with his sword? I didn't think so. Anyway...............

What I'm saying is that if we know that something is right, we don't need other people's approval to do what we need. But there are some people who are hurt in dangerous ways, and not listening to their thoughts could prove disastrous.

I shall finish this later. Adieu.

--Ali

No comments: