Thursday, January 3, 2008

To Be Your Own Voice...

I think it is very hard to be your own voice, especially when its not necesarily approved by your peers or your family. For some, its easy to be your own person. But for others, when being your own person means being "different", then it could be very difficult. Factors in life that make this sort of thing hard to do are the constant put-downs and negative energy people put toward those who are "different." In this situation, confidence is key. To really believe in something takes the confidence to say its right.
One thing that helps me in this kind of situation is to find people or a person who shares the same beliefs. This helps me because I know that I can always rely on someone to back me up when things get rough.
In the book Fareheight 451, Montag has the same problem of standing up for what he believesis right. But later on in the book, he tgains the confidence to do whats right. He risked all ha had- his wife, his house, his job- to go down the right path.

No comments: