Thursday, January 3, 2008

The voice in my head

The voice in my head explains things very clearly about how I should live my life. It says that I should comply with society while I am biding my time.....I mean that to actually enjoy the perks of high living you have to abide by societies rules. If you do, you are then free to be yourself. I personally believe that being yourself is one of the most important things you can do. If you try to act in a way contrary to your nature, you will just end up in a confused mess and start to blend in to the crowd without ever really knowing true friends and happiness. If you do not have any distinct ideas and principles of your own you just kind of skid through life and die without ever feeling good about yourself. To really have meaningful conversations and connections with people you have to be your own peson. Society and its rules are unwanted neccessities, it is simply just one catch to happiness. If we do not listen to ourselves, we are merely shells but if we ignore society, we can not enjoy the full benefits of life and human connections. It can be an annoyance but honestly, it is merely a way of pleasing those who like to have control. By letting them decide on some aspects of behavior, however free will cannot be conquered without destroying personality, and in many cases that is simply not possible.

No comments: