Thursday, December 13, 2007

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

This quote's meaning, i think, is kind of similar to the quote "all the world's a stage, and all the men and women are players." Both of them are saying that everyone in this world has a part to contribute to the world; the "play" cannot function without the full effort of everyone in the world. it also means that everyone has a passion for certain things in life and that they must use this passion to make the world a better place.
If everyone must contribute, that includes myself. I must use my passion for things in life to make the world a better place. I must input my "verse," and, in doing that, contribute to the grand scheme of things. My verse, my input, my part is determined by what I have passion for. Some of these things are my faith, fair treatment of everyone ("all men are born equal"), and making life easier for the common man (and woman) without causing the earth to decay. I also have a passion to think, to ponder, to wonder, to marvel at, to examine all the things of the world, and notice, What is wrong and what is right? What is good and what is not? What should be and what should not? By using my passion for these things, I can contribute to the world an environmentalist, an engineer, a philosopher, a poet, a thinker, an actor, a player! I can contribute myself, my passion for morality, my love for art.
I hope to be able to use my passion for all of these things to be able to make the world a better place. I hope to become an actor, so I can realy express myself the way I prefer. If that doesn't work however, I would like to beome an engineer or architect, so I could make life easier for the common man. I would love to be able to make dthe man enjoy life, have liberty, and be alloweda chance to pursue happiness.

No comments: