Thursday, December 13, 2007

Life's Meaning

SENEY'S RESPONSE

Today, people are wrapped up in so many things that they don't have a lot of time to think of their life and what they REALLY want to do with it. Technology has got such a tremendous grip on the human race that it just eliminates parts of our lives. With TV's in place with who knows how many channels, socializing about what happened in the day is not as common. People these days say they have their hands full with so many things to do, but I think that's partly because they choose to be. We don't need to have all the brand new electronics that are out in stores. I myself don't have cable or satellite TV, so I get about 10 channels. People are always saying I'm so unlucky and that they feel bad for me, but I don't really care. I enjoy a lot of great shows throughout the week with just 10 channels. I'm perfectly happy with what I have. Yes, having over a 100 channels would be nice, but it's only a luxury not a necessity. I also don't have the latest i-pod; I have an i-pod shuffle. I had one encounter with someone asking me if I had an i-pod. I said no, at first, forgetting that I just got the shuffle. But what they said surprised me a little. They said, "That sucks." I was thinking about that for a while. I don't feel unfortunate not having a 4 GB i-pod. These electronics have already made a great impact on society. It's almost as if people absolutely NEED them.

Well, I kind of went off on a tangent. I had a lot of other things in mind when I started writing this. It's time to go now. I will continue this later, for I could be here for hours!

to be continued...

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

i will look for the rest