I am not a poem writer so instead I found three peoms that say what I feel:
Precious Children
All Children are precious,
Eager eyes, willing ears,
Lovingly nestle to be near,
Waiting patiently, a tale to hear,
All Children are precious
Charles Garcia
********************
Children
Children love, they laugh, they care.
Children love, they laugh, they care.
Children, bless them, they know how to share.
Children try hard to be what you want,
Sometimes they can't and they start
To cry, that's when a hug or a
Kiss is the tool, no not a spanking
That's not the rule.
Children do good and children do bad,
Children are happy and children are sad.
Children must walk before they Can run,
all of us wake to the
Bright morning sun.
So cherish the children these
Treasures from God, for without
Them the Earth would be nothing
But water and sod.
Dewey Nixon
********************
Tiny Teachers
If we looked to our children,
So simple and pure.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn so much more.
If we looked to our children,
We could rise above.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn how to love.
If we looked to our children,
We could find a way to be free.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn how to see.
If we looked to our children,
Without being so stern.
If we looked to our children,
How much we could learn.
Cindy Kocsis
So, I guess I am most passionate about children. They always make me smile and are not afraid of what others think of them and what they look like or say for the most part. They are not afraid to diagree and voice their opinion even if it is about sharing their blocks or eating their broccoli.
I am not positively sure of what I am going to to when I get oler, but I am pretty sure that I want to work with children. I want to teach them about the world and educate them so that they can eventually lead our world. Even though they probably teach the adults more than the adults teach the children.
I think that choldren are pretty amazing and I could just sit and watch them all of the time. I am always looking for excuses to go over to my neighbors house, where there is a 7-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy. They are both very smart and are interesting to watch.
They will jump and laugh when they are happy and kick and scream at each other when they are upset. The girl will sing out, not afraid of me or her mom hearing her child voice. The boy will push around his sister's stroller, not caring that it is a "girl's toy"...even though he may not know this.
I also see the child's way of exprssing themselves at my church when all of the children go up for the "Children's Time" because all of the kids will...at one time or another) voice their opinion. They are not shy to take the stage and speak out.
I wish that everyone was like a children in that they voice their opinion. I do know that sometimes this can lead to contraversy, but I also know that other times it can lead to discussions and changes. I have friends who will just simply go along with everyone else and nicely agree even if they wish to say something else. These same friends will become angry with me that I disagreed with them and spoke out against them. Ovbiously they will not say things to my face so nothing ever gets resolved. I would rather get into a fight and talk about things than have to think about what happened the day before everytime I see them.
So, to sum it all up, my opinion is that everyone should have a voice and say what they feel, not just repeat what others say. They should be truthful, kind of how children are. (I am not trying to say that we should act like children with temper tantrums and jumping up and down when we are excited. But, we should live life to the fullest and speak out with what we have to say.) I think that children are very important to our society because after all, they are our future generation.
3 comments:
I completely agree with you!!!!!! On everything! And I saw everything you wrote, even the ones you did not highlight.
hun, do ya mean you're not a poet? SILLY! :) Love Ya! ~Sara
Before I read who wrote this--I knew it was you!
good thinking!
10
Post a Comment