Thursday, December 13, 2007

Verse

Wow, that quotation was amazing. It's so true too. I mean, people who write poetry just because they want to be cute is redicoulous (I know, spelling...), to write poetry and really mean what you write is another thing. I used to think I poetry needed to rhyme, or else it was not considered poetry. That was until I started writing from my heart. Now I write about the things that I'm feeling and the people and things that make me happy, and sad, in the deepest part of me. Do I like my poetry to rhyme? Absolutely. But it is not a necessity (I know, spelling...). I believe that poetry is a way to express the way you feel about something that puts no limit on your feelings. If that makes any sense. I mean, sure, you can vent something out by screaming, but how far does that get you? A sore throat and angry parents. Poetry and song-writing make your feelings easier to express how you feel (sorry, no other word would really work there), and you can use metaphors so you can make it look like something on the outside, but have deeper feelings and emotions under the words.

This is a poem I have been writing. I put it on my project over the summer, ( I forget the name of it.... WAIT, I LIED...) self expression, that's the one! I never read it out loud in class, cause I thought it was bad. I guess you will have to see now for yourself...

Life’s Too Short
Life's too short, to say the least,
You've got to roll with the punches and take the heat,
Not be so uptight with the littlest things,
Be more happy with the little wonders life brings,
Just be happy with what you have,
Count your blessings and don't be so sad,
You could be sick or be getting beat,
Or you could be living out there on the street,

Be happy that you have friends who care,
And you're right sometimes life isn't fair,
But don’t take for granted every day you're alive,
You could wake up every morning struggling to survive,
To understand that your days here are numbered,
To have to bear all of the weight you've encumbered,

So please do not tell me that you’re sick of life,
Be happy for all of your laughter and strife,
Because life's too short, to say the least,
You've got to roll with the punches, and keep the beat.


I wrote that because I have a friend who is dying because of something that he can't control, and he makes the best out of every day life gives him. Some people find him rather intimidating, but that's just the way he is. He doesn't feel sorry for people who don't deserve to be pitied. I think because I understand why, I wrote this. Things could be worse, and remember that there is always someone out there worse off then you.

~Victoria

3 comments:

V. Gaboury said...

wow-- great poem. i am sorry about your friend. :-(
10

Tori said...

Thanks, the poem isn't finished yet, but yeah...

Thanks, he is alright for the time being. He is a great friend.

("Loveable teddy-bear" (:])sarah/nina)

Tori said...

WOW, I just found out that he has recently had an operation and he is better. I don;t think that he is going to die anymore, or at least that what sarah says, so i think I have to go and ask him. I will get back to you as soon as I know...