Why were we placed
upon this hard dreary rock
just sitting here
going in circles?
Do I have meaning?
Why should I be dreaming?
I am just mortal;
it all ends.
Whatever I do
may make some dent
on someone, somewhere,
somehow.
But there mortal to!
Nothing I do will ever truly last.
I'm a mortal talking
to mortals.
This is the attitude
of many a person
living for who?
just themselves.
I am differrent however;
I'm different forever!
I don't live for me
and my pleasure.
I am a Christian;
a follower of Christ!
I have purpose:
a reason to live!
There is something much bigger
than any of us.
Something our minds
can barely grasp.
An almighty God
who feels and loves
who wants us;
who longs to draws us close.
I'm living for Him
not myself anymore
no one else has
what He gives.
I know when I die
it is not a goodbye
but hello to
a brand new life.
So for now I'll just try
to honor Him
and not I
and with all my strength
put Him first.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
did you write this? it would be good to have a little explanation, but good work!
10
Post a Comment