Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Writing Excercise #1

Greetings everyone!

We are back to 'blogging' today!Aren't you so excited?? :-)

Today is going to be a writing exercise! Yeah!!!! We are working on details and descriptions. So--write about something--your room, yourself, your favorite cartoon character, a description of your house,holiday, anything.

Then--Go back in and add detail and description--add COLOR, SMELL, TASTE, TEXTURE, TEMPERATURE. PLEASE highlight (italics, bold, whateva) the words you added to show your 'work.'

Please write this as a post so I may write to you and you may comment on others . . .constructively . . . .

Enjoy life!
Mrs. Gaboury

5 comments:

dylan232 said...

Recently I started playing the guitar. I played guitar last year in music for a couple weeks but I can't really remember alot of the stuff we learned. I've always wanted to play guitar but over the summer I really wanted to play because I saw my cousin perform and I just loved the atmosphere. So about 2 weeks ago I got a Fender Stratocaster on ebay. It's midnight blue and it has a pearl pickguard. For now I have to use my uncles amp but for christmas or next week I'm going to buy my own amp. My uncle is going to teach me to play , he is really good. He taught my two cousins how to play and they are both very good. My one cousin Dillon is in a hard rock band and they play with alot of famous bands and they will be going on tour in January all around the country. Hopefully someday I'm as good as them. I plan on forming my band maybe this summer or next year.

~Dylan K.~

dylan232 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

well...
walking in to a basket ball game being a cheerleader... is my topic thingyyy..
=]


As i walk into the gym, the croud cheers for the game to start. The teams run onto the court. They sound like a heard of elephants running threw the jungle. The croud sounds like monkeys, and they are the elepants. I am a cheerleader. Standing at the end of the court, cheering on the averill park highschool girls basket ball game. The team cheers like its a boys game, but we all secretly know that the girls dont want us there. As the players run back and forth down the court, its as though they are playing monkey in the middle. We cheer, the croud cheers, it sounds like a concert. I walked out of the gym to get a power aid, blue power aid. The air was cool out side of the gym, my les got cold, i was wearing a skirt. As i walked back in to the gym, i could smell the sweat of the cround, and the basketball players. The squad was doing a stunt, they threw a cheerleader about 10 feet in the air, and she hit a toe touch, then she snapped back together to pencil position, and then she came down gracefully into their arms. Some people showed up that i didnt thnk would be there, showed up.
theres more to come!

Dan Webb said...

Danny Webb

Entering my room i see every thing, my clothes that i wore that other day and the smell of my fish tank when i forget to change the filter the day before. When i see the TV on and my stereo blasting i get a sense of partying all night long. When I come home from working my butt off at basket-ball and i come home and i go straight into the shower and i smell the freshnest of the shampoo and the sweat dripping of me. I get out and i feel brand new and i felt like i could go and do it all over again. Then i throw my pj's and i jump on my bed and i watch a movie until i fall asleep

Shannon said...

this is my continuation to my basketball game blog.

Like i was saying, people i didnt think would be there, showed up, and i got kind of nervous. One of my friends brought a couple guys, that we were sopposed to hang out with were there. They talked to us, and we got to know each other. We all now talk on myspace, and on IM. The fans cheered everytime we scored. Jess # 11, ran down the court, faked left, then right, went left down the court, got half way past the foul line, and she took the shot. The croud went silent, as they waited in antisipation to see if her shot would make the winning points.
Just as the timer runs out, it twirled around the rim. Only seconds passed, but they seemed like hours to all of us, the basketball players, the cround, and the cheerleaders. We watched as the ball went threw the hoop, and at that moment the croud exploded. We did a cheer, and the girls were so happy. They screamed, and jumped, then they gatered ina tight group, and put all hands in. 1,2,3 WARRIORS! We won the game 28 to 14, as we left the gym, we had smiles on our faces, and we had a feeling in our hearts, that we were the best. I can't wait until Fridays game, its the first JV boys basketball game of the season. So exciting.