"But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. "
Love. That is my purpose.
To both love to live and live to love.
For it is love that makes life worth living.
Poetry, beauty, and romance all are oppertunities for this thing we call love to enter our lives.
But we must take those oppertunities and use them.
Love is the only magic still left in this cruel world.
Without it, breathing is second nature, a flower is just a flower, life is sn expectation.
But with it, a breath is appreciated, a flower is a symbol, life is a gift.
Love can make the impossible, possible.
Love is a force.
It is a powerful force inside all of us.
Some are too scared that one day it will be lost.
But it is worth the risk.
I will take the risk, again and again, and know it is worth every tear.
To make love empower hate, that is my purpose.
Loving is my purpose.
Now on a less poetic note...
I have many life goals. Several of these goals are personal...I hope to change someones life, I hope to make a example of myself, I hope to see the world, I hope to save a life, I hope to enjoy my career, I hope to learn something new each and every day, I hope to learn from my mistakes, I hope to adopt a needy child, I hope to be accomplished, I hope to try new things, I hope to skydive, I hope to write a novel, I hope to be in a band, I hope to be a good mother. But these are just goals concerning me. I also like to think that every person has a purpose to being alive, every person will impact the world in one way or another. I hope to impact the world in a positive way. I don't know yet how I will, and at my age, I'm not sure anyone does.
Generally though, I hope I can make a change. I want to prevent global warming as much as a single person can. I want to protest war and encourage peace. I want to be educated enough to inform my children and my friends on what we can all do to better this world. The human race is at a turning point and it is up to my generation to change it. The media has already done a great job on influencing pop culture to be more important than world issues. I'm sure more kids in this school know about Paris Hilton than they do the kids in Darphur. Is that right? No! So I hope to do as much as I can do to help, to change, to not just accept things the way they are but to question them. That's my purpose in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment