Thursday, December 13, 2007

Poetry

Life is filled with an astounding amount of problems and solutions. The human drive is to be happy, to feel important, to feel worth. Whether you find this worth in love, entertainment or achievements, this is what humans live for. Reaching out with passion and want, we all want to complete the tasks set before us. These "goals" are what keeps everything in motion.
As a teenager we are faced with problems that we have to face on our own. Rationalizing on our own and stretching out to whatever distance to achieve that goal, to fill the empty void, to feel worth. The idea that the whole world is a poem waiting to be written is strange and so i ask, where is your verse?
If i were to contribute a verse to this all surrounding poem it would be based on Og Mandino quote "I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
My verse is "Life has it's ups and downs, Building up and getting torn down, But I have worth and I will keep my head up high while I strive to complete this task, to become a champion."

No comments: