Friday, December 21, 2007

Highlights and Shadows of '07

Looking back on 2007, all I see at first is gray fog. As my mind comes into focus, certian things begin to stand out. Events that I know I probably won't forget until the day I die. I present to you the outline of my year. . .

National Day of Prayer Worship Service~ Last winter, my youth group had an incredible worshio service. It really refreshed and deepened my faith.

Go-Karting~ I went go-karting in late June for the first time this year . . . it was awesome! A great way to start the summer. We went with the head staff from the boy's camp we run. It totally rocked!!

NYC w/ Sally Jo~ A good friend of ours (a grown lady) took my sister, a friend and I all down to NYC with her for 3 days. We had a blast. We went to the Bodies exhibit (amazing! - real preseved bodies but not to gross), the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and other places.

Sam's lyme~ During our fabulous trip to NYC, we got a phone call from my dad. My 8 year old brother, Sam, had lymes disease and was in the hospital. That was rough. The left side of his face was paralyzed - he couldn't blink or smile with that half of his mouth for a month. He's fine now. Thankfully.

Tricky bucking me off

OBX

starting high school

baptism

No comments: