Friday, December 21, 2007

Soundtrack

2007 was a good year, but there wasnt anything that really stuck out enough to change my life. Though I did change the style of music I like...alot. So instead of writing about all the different things that I did and then choosing a song to go with it, I am choosing a song and then choosing a story to go with it. For starters, during the summer I went on vacation with my friend Chelsea. We went to Cape Cod and on the way up we listened to her Ipod. We listened to songs that were more on the rock/emo/punk/scremo side. Surprisingly it grew on me. I listened to it alot and from then on I listened to songs from bands like; Brand New, All Time Low, Rise Against, Chiodos, Streetlight Manifesto, A Day to Remember, +44, Paramore and others. In late August Casey and I went to a concert where Corbin Bleu, Drake Bell and Aly and AJ preformed. Then in September High School Musical 2 came out so Casey and I went through a phase where we listened to lots of Disney Channel songs. School started and I listened to lots of different music, and then recently I have been into more indie/alternative music. Its mostly because a few of us slept over at Casey's house and then "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson started playing and then we all started to looove it. We started to listen to it constantly....it was quite funny. Then this month I have started to like Modest Mouse again because people in my household have started to play their new CD. I still listen to all the types of music that I mentioned earlier...just not as much as the music I listen to now. When I do listen to the different music I listened to over the summer, it brings me back. I have noticed that there are alot of stories to go with the songs and its kind of cool how those songs affected me. Music is amazing and I will always love it. =]

No comments: