Friday, December 21, 2007

Soundtrack for 2007

First of all, you have no idea how excited I am to be doing this excercise. Sarah = music + writing + art. Yessss. Perfect thing to do right before vacation. :]

1: Lauren's birthday party, mid April 2007: That party was just creepy. Anyone who was there knows it. We were in the basement and things just kept happening that were totally un explainable. We were watching Moulin Rouge and then the lead guy was singing and it paused and he kind of looked like a demon. Then, of course, being the smart 14 year old girls that we are, we started playing truth or dare and it just kind of turned into, "whatever secret is told in the basement stays in the basement." So we started talking about people we had known that had passed away and... rape. It's kind of amazing how many people you can talk to on an every day basis that have been raped. I know three friends off the top of my head. But anyway, we were just sitting there and we started getting cold and shivvering. Lauren's furnace is in the basement. It was like, eighty degrees down there and we were all shivvering. This was not just a superstition, there was something down there. Song choice: "I Am For You (Don't Give Up)" by Waking Ashland. It just reminds me of my friends and how we always help each other though things. (The comfort we create to prove we're something/But we're starving/You're screaming in the night 'cause you want answers/From the one/And there is hope again/Don't give up, you're not thinking/Don't give up, just keep seeking/And I, I am for you/And I, I will love you/And I, I am for you/And I, I will save you)
2: Conclusion of eighth grade: 'Nuff said. Song choice: "Brat Pack" by The Rocket Summer. It's such a high school kind of song. It's all about summer and being with your friends and wanting to get out of the town you live in. (For 'bout for years I've hated this town/There's just so much I want to get out/Since graduation/Was long ago/Please somebody get me out of this hole)
3: Falling in love with a boy: Ahh, Tucker Paterson. There's just something about him that girls like for some reason. Everyone warned me! EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON I KNEW WARNED ME. But I fell in love with him anyway. We weren't going out. It was just... there. Song choice: "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service. It's like a love song, but not. It's mellow but happy at the same time. (I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles/In our eyes are mirror images and when/We kiss they're perfectly aligned/And I have to speculate that God himself/Did make us into corresponding shapes like/Puzzle pieces from the clay)
4: Being forced to fall out of low with (the) boy: Tucker all of the sudden just stopped talking to me. It was like he led me on and then just... dropped me. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised beacuse I mean... it's Tucker. But with any boy that leaves you... it hurts. And this hurt a lot. Song choice: "Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)" by The Postal Service. This song was in Wicker Park, probably one of the best romance movies of all time... plus, it has Josh Harnett (Best. Actor. Ever). (Take a look at me now.There's just an empty space.But to wait for you is all I can do/And that's what I've gotta face)
5: First time meeting Roger: Roger makes me smile so much. He was a friend of one of my best friends (Kyle) and we were having a sleep over in my brother's room (it was supposed to be just me and Lauren). Needless to say, we didn't do much sleeping. There were a lot of laughs, stuffed balls (NERF, PEOPLE!) , and X-Box playing. I found out like, three months later that Roger and Kyle were actually talking to each other quietly when me and Lauren were doing something and Roger's like, "Wow... this girl's pretty chill." And then Kyle fell on the ground laughing. he told me a week later that he liked me. No, we're not going out. Roger has emotional issues. Song choice: "A17" by Jeremy Ashida. It's a song about friends and how everything will be amazing in the end. (We're sitting at the pool/Working on our tan/Just C-H-I-L-L-I-N/John can't swim/We'll push him in the deep end then save his life/Whoa oh oh we're doing fine/Whoa oh oh we're doing fine/Whoa oh oh we're doing fine/Whoa oh oh we're doing fine)
6: HIGH SCHOOL! It's so much better than middle school. No contest. Only similarity is the kids you're with and the drama. Ewww. Song choice: "Seventy Times Seven" by Brand New. It's angsty, about an old relationship and high school. (Back in school they never told us what we needed to know/Like how to deal with despair, or the break in your heart/For twelve years I've held it all together but a night like this is begging to pull me apart/I played it quiet, left you deep in conversation/I felt uncool and hung out around the kitchen/I remember I kept thinking that I know you never would/And now I know I want to kill you like only a best friend could)
7: My brother's best friend leaving for the Air Force: Q. I love Q. Obviously, his name isn't really Q, but his last name sounds like Q. Well, Q plus other things. He's sort of like a second brother to me and he's also taught me to never go to Texas because it's just highways and military bases. And of course, Bush. Song choice: "Hands Held High" by Linkin Park. Q had to leave because he had to. He doesn't have enough money for college. (My brother had a book he would hold with pride/A little red cover and a broken spine/On the back, he handwrote a quote inside,/"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die")

okaygoingtolunchbye.

No comments: