This past year has been a pretty big one for me. I graduated from 8th grade, had an amazing summer (Skye Farm Camp!!!!), and started High School. When I graduated the 8th grade I was so excited-for High School and for summer vacation. But I was also nervous. I was so used to the Middle School, and I didn't think I was ready for 9th grade. But the summer was fun. I went with my little sister, mom, and Amy to Skye Farm Camp for a week and it really made me open up my eyes. There was this one girl in our cabin that was so annoying and no one wanted to hang out with her. I didn't either but at the end of the week I volunteered to go with her to help with her bags. I guess I was trying to make up for being so mean, but I told myself that I would try never to leave anyone out again (but I know that is going to be very hard). I also made a lot of new friends from camp and I can't wait to go back and see them again next year.
Starting High School was huge. I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it really is, although it is tough to keep up with the homework. Another thing that happened in 2007 was that my grandma passed away. It was a very hard time for my whole family, we were so close to her, and it has been especially hard for my grandpa. But I think we can help him get through it, or at least be a little less lonely. I have learned a lot about my friends this year too, like which ones are my real friends that I can trust. I joined the tennis team and got better than I was before (although I'm still not that good).
I'm nervous about what the new year will bring, but also excited to see what will happen and how I will handle it. I'm not sure what song I would pick for my soundtrack-too many good songs to choose from-I do like the song that Kristin chose, "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney, but I think there may be a better one out there for my particular year. I like the song "We Laughed Until We Cried", by Jason Aldean, because it talks about how they were thinking back on the good times, even though it might be a bad time now. I like this because, even though it might be sad the the year is ending, we can go on to the new year and still have our memories of the old year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment