Friday, December 21, 2007

Soundtrack to OhSeven!

Number one: The Birth of My Niece.
Song choice would have to be What Beautiful Is by Aaron Rothe. It's a song that he wrote for a very special girl. He lists all the good points about her and explains how he's not in love with what she wears or who she represents, but who she truely is. And when my niece was born, all I could think of was this song. She's so beautiful and innocent and I fell in love with her the very first second I looked at her. Family means the world to me and having her in it makes it so much better.
Number two: Summer of 2007
I'm pretty sure that Sugar Magnolia by The Grateful Dead puts my summer in a nutshell. It's all about having fun with your friends and those summer flings that make everything good. And Weekend Warriors by A Change of Pace can help sum-up my summer. It's about being a kid and just letting everything go over the summer. It captures that feeling that you have on those first few days of summer where you're so free and careless. And to be really old school I have to mention Summer Girls by LFO. Man that song is just all about summer and it just makes you feel warm and think about all those good times you had. My summer was exactly like that. I wish that I could relive it every day. It was perfect for me and I'd do anything to have it back again.
Number three: Highschool
Most kids were either scared to come to highschool or just didn't want to go simply because it was school. Me on the other hand, couldn't wait. It's a big step from middle school ,but so much better. Middle school was just a competetion for popularity and a big dramatic mess. In highschool, popularity doesn't matter. As for drama, sure there still is some but it's not over stupid little things we'd hate our best friend for. Some of us have really grown up, others are still stuck in 8th grade.
Number four: Justin Leaves for Latham
I'd say that Ohio Is For Lovers by Hawthorne Heights can bottle up this part in my life. Justin was the best guy friend I think I've ever had. He was like the twin brother I never had. And when he moved I really wasn't effected until about a week later and school started. Then I knew that I'd probably see him about once every three months. And I still haven't seen him, but he does call. And loosing that secure feeling I had with him really made me a mess. And I think that Ohio Is For Lovers captures that feeling and is actually one of Justin's favorite songs. he played it for me acousticly so many times and it never gets old :]]]
Number five: Nina Grows Up
I really feel like in the first month of highschool I grew up really fast. And I was always told I was very mature for my age, but I never bought it. But after that first month I noticed I started to see things differently and appriciate things I never appriciated before. I grew up. And I think that Coffee Break by Forever The Sickest Kids describes that part of my life. I'm not really sure how to describe the feeling but what I do know is that Forever The Sickest Kids did a darn good job at trying to put that feeling into a song.
Number six: Cait is Threatened With Emma Willard.
Now, Cait Sleasman is one of my best friends taht I love with all of me. And her parents are pretty serious when it comes to her grade. Now, Cait's never been one of the best students, but she does pretty well in school. When her progress report came home, they told her that if her grades didn't get better, they'd ship her off to Emma Willard. Lately I've been seeing her after school doing extra credit and getting help from teachers. She's been trying so hard to stay here. And now that I've seen her like that, I realize that she really wants to staynot just because she likes it here, but because of her friends. She's told me over and over that she wouldn't be the same, great person that she is now. I'm sure she would be but hearing her say that lets me know that she appriciates me. I think that Even Fairy Tale Characters Would Be Jealous by PlayRadioPlay! can help me explain this part.
I'm pretty sure that I ran out of good points of 2007 for me to point out. But what I can say is that 2007 was a year where I found out who I am and what I stand for. It was a year of slef discovery and careless fun. So long to OhSeven and hello to OhEight!

No comments: