The general population is totaly busy and stressed over there lives. When somebody falls or drops something all over the floor, 1 out of 10 people would stop and help the person pick up or help them in there time of need. More people in small towns will help out people, but in big citys like NYC, the odds of somebody helping someone is very slim. Everyone thinks "well sombody else will get it." i know your probably like were is she going with this? Emily Dickensons poem "If I could stop one heart from breaking" sums it up.
Selected Poems by Emily Dickinson -
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto its nest
I shall not live in vain.
So if the world was one big poem and everything and everyone had a verse, I think that one would be mine. When we had to do the summer reading project when you had to pick 3 poems and do a project about yourself, this was one of the poems I used and I think it goes well with this topic. I wish/ want my life to represent this in the society that we live in. Its important that somebody is there who cares for people and who can actually help someone rather than always think about themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
powerful
10
Post a Comment