In all honesty I have never heard of the day prayer. I dont know if I will do anything to celebrate it, but my church does have a thursday service so maybe me and my family will go to church. I think it is a good idea to have a day of prayer, because it gives everyone a day for their religion no matter what religion they are. But personally I think that people shouldnt be discriminated against because of their religion. I think people should always feel comfortable to pray at anytime and in any place.
I am religious and I will pray on Thursday to honor the day of prayer, but I dont know if the school should make it a school wide day. The school should let people who want to celebrate the day of prayer celebrate it. But if you are nota religious person, than you shouldnt feel uncomfortable at school. This is a public school and it is a school for everyone, so people should be allowed to celebrate it or not, what ever their personal beleifs are.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment