I have never heard of the National Day of Prayer. But, I don't and won't celebrate it. I'm religious but to me religion isn't everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't believe in it but, it's not that important to me. No, I won't be going to church. The day will be like any other day. I will be doing wonderful English homework :) I will also be doing other homework and enjoy myself and I won't really talk about it. If someone wants to practice their religion or pray, then go ahead but if they don't that's okay too. I don't feel that someone should have to pray, in order to show their religion. There's other ways.
I don't think the school will do anything. With religion, it's huge and a subject that will get anyone mad(politics also). But the National Day of Silence wouldn't be because being bullied happens to everyone not just one person. So, people shouldn't be all angry and pointing fingers. I think that the Public School shouldn't bring this holiday too far because say one kid was Islamic and he payed towards Mecca, and Lutheran kids saw him, then the Islamic kid could be made fun of. So, I think that this shouldn't be a national holiday but a holiday to remember.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment