For the national day of prayer, my youth group is having a special service devoted to praying and the many different ways to pray. My church is having a prayer breakfast (but I can't go cause of school). I think the thing with the planes flying over the capitals is a really neat idea!
For a Christian, everyday is a day needs to be a day of prayer. It's cool, though, to have a day set aside where everyone is praying for our nation together. Kind of like we're all joining hands for a day and lifting up our country and world.
I don't think the school itself needs to acknowledge the Day of Prayer, but should certinally allow students to acknowledge it. The school didn't acknowledge the Day of Silence, the students did. I think this is the right way to go about it.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thoughtful.
just for the record the school did support the national day of silence...they bussed kids to the egg, to break the silence(you might wanta look into that)...and teachers allowed sudents not to verbaly participate in class
=)
Good point. And the school did provide a flag pole. :-)
Post a Comment