Everybody who knows me should know by now that I am a Christian. 'Christian' means "little Christ." My goal in life is to be like Christ Jesus - an impossible task without my Heavenly Father's help! Now, if this is so that means I need to treat people as Christ would treat them. If the way Jesus treated people was the way Mrs. Gaboury described then I would need to be tolerant of all other people's belief and feelings. Mrs. Gaboury, with all due respect, the way you described Jesus is completely wrong!
'Tolerance' is defined as "acceptance of different views." That is not what Jesus did. His goal wasn't to accept people for who they are but to transform who they are. The reason He welcomed them at his table was to show them how messed up there veiws were. With the prostitutes, he didn't stand by them; he corrected them. Jesus made it quite clear that He wasn't here to bring world peace when he said "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" (Matt. 10:34).
The fact is, I can't accept (or tolerate) homosexuality as right because it's not! The Bible makes it perfectly clear. I am completely against abusing and harrassing these people; that's not the correct response. But niether is accepting there beliefs as right. This is not the way my Jesus did it so it is not the way I do it. It's that simple.
to be continued w/ stuff on the Natitonal Day of Prayer . . .
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I guess your post helps to show how different people understand and percieve others--including Jesus. Because the Jesus I know is not how you explain. He is more open and accepting. But, hey, we are all allowed to have our own ideas. Isn't this a great country?
And--yes, please do the actual assignment,as this really does not cover the job. This is just your thoughts and not the writing requested. :-)
As mrs. gaboury said, this is not how i percieve Jesus either. but i think it is great to know how others percieve him. and when i read what you wrote, it opened my eyes to why you felt like that a little bit. i'm not saying i agree with you, but i am glad i understand where you are coming from now. i guess what you are really showing is how different everyone sees and interprets things. but am i wrong in saying that all that matters is faith in the end?
~Victoria
hey emily!...
in response to your post, i must say i really admire your faith and devotion. and i definitely see where you're coming from on the homosexuality issue, but i have to say i respectfully disagree. just a thought--have you ever considered that God might want us to question and follow what our instincts and conscience tell us, rather than blindly accepting what we're told (in this case by the New Testament)? Again--I respect your opinion and I don't mean to criticize or anything.
Post a Comment