Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prayer Day

Uh, I was raised catholic but i don't believe in religion. This means that I believe there is a god but I dont believe in rules that tell me how to live my life and what i should do to be good and pure. I didn't actually know that this day existed nor do I really care. I mean the idea that religion should be practiced in school is a very bad decision in my view. It's like reversing the idea of seperation of state and church. Respecting someone's religion doesnt mean to change rules around so that people think you practice it, it means to not criticize one on their religion as well as allow them to do what is detailed in the religion. If an administrator makes a room for every religion for people to practice in then the system is screwed. Unfortunately for the religious nuts who believe that every day you should be allowed to stop class and pray for 15 minutes 36 times a day, its not acceptable. Personally I'm tolerant of all religions other than Satanism, but this doesnt mean that I have to believe in them or agree with them. for people to say that I'm being intolerant to religion is hypocritical because that would mean that people are being intolerant of my views to religion. I just don't think this is appropriate.

No comments: