Earth Day is a great holiday! It is a day to celebrate our world. But in recent years, Earth Day has seemed to become a day when we think about all the dangers and negative aspects of Mother Earth. In regards to fuel and energy sources...things haven't been looking up. Gas prices are through the roof and rising more and more. Inflation is occurring right before our eyes. And although I don't drive, I have been effected by this. I have been trying to carpool as much as possible, and I try to avoid unnecessary trips. I haven't seen my family in Connecticut as much this year because the gas is too expensive and well, my family simply can't afford it. My mom even asks me for gas money when she is running low!
I didn't do anything special to celebrate Earth Day this year, but that doesn't mean I have given up. I think we should do good things for our home here on earth way more often than once a year. I am constantly picking up trash, taking plastic bottles on the ground to get recycled, and I'm even trying to take shorter showers in the morning. They may seem like little things, but these are the small steps we all have to take, to make this world a better place! Us humans are the ones that polluted, destructed, and damaged the earth, and we have to be the ones to fix our mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment