Tuesday, April 29, 2008

prayer

Well... i actually didn't even know that the national day of prayer was this thursday. I've heard of it before but i never knew when it was. Also i didn't go to church this sunday [ sorry about that one god] because my lacrosse team was participating in a walk for cancer in albany, so if father rodino said something about it at mass and how there will be a special mass or something on thursday.. well i would have missed it. I would like to participate in a mass at my church if there having one but i'm not sure so i will have to find out. I think that this day is pretty cool although i'm not so sure of the purpose, maybe uniting people of different religions to pray together for one day in their own ways. In doing this becoming less ignorant to all the different ways people worship god or gods or just don't praise.
I'm not sure how far a public school should go to celebrate the national day of prayer. I do believe that the school should allow everyone to pray or not pray in there own ways, but then again don't those who pray regularly do this in school anyway? well its time to shut down the computer and to go lunch so i must go ... i hope this is a worthy enough blog =)

- melissa

1 comment: