Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prayer Day.

Prayer day is a very good idea, but I'm not going to actively observe it throughout the day. Sure, I might throw in an extra prayer or two, but it really is a loose ended 'holiday', because prayer is not one single thing. For me, it is folding my hands and thinking about troubles, thanking god for things, and asking for help. But for other people of my faith (Christianity- Lutheran), praying is different. They may pray for different things, in different possessions, or at different times. And I would imagine people of other faiths, prayer would have a whole different meaning. And for the different people in the different religions, prayer is different. Which makes me think that prayer is a personalized thing. Not that group prayer is bad, but it should be kept general, so that no ones feelings get hurt. An example? Once I was at a church service (baptist), and the paster was praying, all our hands were folded and he said something along the lines of "God help us get rid of evil things such as war, abortion...". Now I support abortion under certain circumstances, so I was offended. But back to my main point. I will pray a little more than I normally do, but I will make a concious effort to be more tolerent, for the days sake.

No comments: