Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day of Prayer

Meh...Day of Prayer, huh? I have to say I'm not very religious at all. My mothers side of the family, including my mother and grandmother who I live with on weekends, are also religious. My sisters boyfreind doesn't exactly believe in God and they didn't take that too well...not to go as far as making her stop dating him which they can't do anyways, they just didn't like that fact.
My dad though is fine with the idea that I'm not very religious because he isn't really religious either.

Of course in my mind, I'm happy for this day because everyone who wants to pray can pray and don't have to worry too much about being critisized for it. Every religion should be accepted because people were born into it and it's a part of them weather they choose to pay close mind to it or just know it's there and go on with their lives.

I won't be doing anything special for the Day of Prayer, just a regular day for me. I won't be making fun of anyone, thats hardly my personality and it's pretty sad to make fun of somebody for your own gain. I've been picked on just like everyone else, it doesn't feel good and it embarrasses you or lowers your self esteem...or both. People are people, no matter which angle you look at it we're all human beings. Be yourself, don't try to be something you're not.

No comments: