Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Day of Silence thing
I know we're not supposed to talk about whether or not we dislike the day of silence but I'd like to make a point to be known that I think its innappropriate to have it in schools. I also understand that people will refer to me as insensitive or a jerk or say that I dont understand but the reality is that I do and I still dont like it. If someone were to participate in the Day of Silence and criticize me for not respecting me they would only be a hypocrite, and be doing exactly what they were saying they were against. Anyway, the person who i would say overcame diversity the most in a book ive read is Mordecai Greene from the novel The Street Lawer by John Grisham. Mordecai is a poor black man who works as a lawyer for the homeless. His annual income is $35,000 although if he wanted to abandon the homeless he could get a job at huge firm in a minute. He is an amazing lawer with lots of experience. Mordecai was so good he got a homeless family the sum of 10,000,000 dollars awarded to them and named himself the best street lawyer to exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the question isn't about diversity--it is about someone sticking up for someone silenced, an underdog. who do you think of?
Post a Comment