I am not planning on participating in the Day of Prayer. That day will proabably be a normal day for me. But I will not go home in protest of it (cough, cough) because I know how to give respect and tolerance. I am very happy for all of those who would like to participate in this Day of Prayer, but I will just not take part in it.
I think that public school shouldn't get too invovled in the Day of Prayer. Not because I don't support it, but because religion shouldn't be a part of public school. I am not sure how this Day of Prayer works, but if all people from all religious backgrounds are encouraged to participate, then I think it is fair. But somehow, I don't think it is that way. From what I hear, people come in to school early and gather to pray. That is fine in my opinion. They shouldn't take time out of the school hours because public schools aren't supposed to involve religion. Anyone can pray whenever they like, they don't need a day for it. No teacher could ever know that a student was praying during some downtime in class, if it was to his/herself (in their head). So for those who think prayer should take place during school day--I say go ahead (pray to yourself, God or whomever you believe in will hear your thoughts no matter what so to speak).
As for supporting Day of Silence vs. supporting Day of Prayer...the two cannot even be compared. The Day of Silence is a way of showing support for those who are silenced and are not accepted. Day of Prayer is about praising the lord with fellow Christians and seeking eternal righteousness. I can't even begin to compare the two. I supported both though, because I think tolerance is the most important aspect in finding peace.
P.S. To those of you that stayed home in protest of the Day of Silence-I have nothing to say, because words can't really express the anger and disapoitment I felt. I know you say you don't believe in homosexuality, and that it goes agaisnt your religion, but protesting a fight for justice is the most sinful thing I could think of. People should be able to love whomever they want to love. Just as you should be able to pray whenever you want to, or practice whatever religion you want to. It is your right and your freedom of choice. People should be able to choose for themselves the life they want to live, even if that is different from the majority. And don't tell me that Jesus, who was the help to all those in need, and who was said to love everyone equally, wouldn't give the same amount of love to a homosexual. Sorry Mrs.Gaboury, but I had to write it, because it is how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No one stayed home because they don't love homosexuals, but because if you educate yourself you will find this day only represents homosexuals. Intolence should be for all who face discrimination. Christians like Rachael Scott at Columbine who were killed for thier Christian beliefs are not represented by the day of silence. Christians and Christ love all people including homosexuals we just don't believe in thier lifestyle. Since taking a stand against our beliefs we have faced discrimination, isn't that hypocritical. I don't bully anyone and I don't judge anyone, I just have a different belief, shouldn't I be entitled to that
Post a Comment