If I could have any superpower, it would definatly be to fly because the excitement and fun of flying would be AMAZING!!! If I had this power, I would fly all the time. I'd probably fly instead of driving in the car. And if ever I wanted to go to a friends house, or go to see relatives that live far away, I'd fly. It would be a leisure, it would be a fulfillment, and it would be a dream come true.
But, this seems too selfish. My choice to only please myself, and not help other people. Even though flying is like a dream, I would probably choose another power before that one. I would get freezing powers, to re-freeze the polar ice-caps. This would prevent Global Warming from effecting the planet and would really help the people of the world. People just keep waiting and sitting around and complain about this "horrible world", but they need to take a stand and do something about it. As a mere human there are only the little things, but with a superpower I could really make a change.
The day it all started, when Kelly Moak became Super-Kelly ("The Savior")... it went something like this...
One day, Kelly went to school. It was a B-day and she had English 2nd black. Her teacher Mrs.Gaboury handed out an assignment called "Planet Research Project". There were a few categories in which you could research. She chose Global Warming as her topic. She went home and decided to look into this problem. The polar ice-caps are melting due to this inscrease in temperature and the coastal areas of the world will be flooded resulting in damage and death to many if this continues to happen. She was in SHOCK! That night Kelly went to bed, and felt something cold. It was an ice-cube. She thought her dad was playing a trick on her, so she grabbed the ice-cube to throw it downstairs. It instantly turned into a freezing sword! She started handling the sword and she accidentally touched her bedroom window...IT FROZE! What next? She touched her teddy bear, and it froze over into solid ice. Kelly was shocked, and didn't know what to do. She went to sleep hoping a solution would come to her. When she awoke she knew what had to be done. Kelly went on a trip to the "edges of the world" and found these polar icecaps. She used her sword and her strength to freeze them over, stopping the melting. When the rest of the world found out what she had done, she was named Super-Kelly... "The Savior"! Everyone rejoiced and was so proud of their hero. Some people became jelous and wanted this power too, and tried to steal the sword, but they (not having the power of peace) could not use the sword. Frank Houser grabbed the sword and immediatly FROZE! Many people rejoiced again! He would eventually melt, and by that time maybe his political views would make some more sense then they presently do. Super-Kelly would never use her power for the wrong things, and she would remain "The Savior" for years to come...
The End.
I really wish this was a true story, but unfortunatly, it is mere fiction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Darnit, if only stopping global warming was that easy...for you, anyway...I loved the story! Please don't touch me...I like being non-ice...
Good idea--like the self-less-ness and of course the environmental aspect! Good story writing, too.
10
Mrs. G
Post a Comment