Has anyone here ever read the book "The Anybodies" by N.E. Body? Well, if you have, then you will probably remember Fern's ability to shake physical incarnations of things mentioned in a book out of said book, and that is the power I would want. For one thing, there are a lot of really awesome characters in the books I read, and I would love to talk to them (and, of course, they could help me fight evil.) Also, if I or someone else needed something, I would just pick up the corresponding encyclopedia volume or whatever and out it would come. Now what would I do? I honestly am not sure. I guess I would find some form of arch-nemesis to keep myself busy, or maybe have some...ahem...fun.....with my sister. (Sorry, Krissy, you know I love ya :) ) I would also, of course, be able to gain abilities from the books too. For example, if there was a character in a book who was a master swordsman/woman then I could become one too. And then steal their swords. I would not abuse my powers, but I would almost definitely get carried away - but on the bad guys of course.
I suppose, with my powers, I would fight villians, but as I haven't read anyone else's post yet, I cannot pick a nemesis. However, I would end up smacking Matt (aka the Amazing Philibuster) a lot, because I would undoubtedly be very frequently annoyed by him. Actually, I would get random book characters to smack him for me - probably along the lines of Dodge Anders from the Looking Glass Wars ( haha, Matt- you will get smacked by your favorite character!)
WAIT! Hold on! I now have an arch-nemesis - Safety Monkey! (aka Zach). Read his post thingie to find out our adventures, it's too stupid and complicated for me to follow. Anyway, at the end, I will just shake the Elder Wand out of Harry Potter 7 and curse him - or poke him in the eye - or maybe just hit him with the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very interesting. I have never actually read The Anybodies, but I have read a series with a somewhat-similar concept, Inkheart.
I suppose it would be interesting to meet characters from novels, though I can't think of any in particular that I have been dieing to meet.
you tell 'em, book-shaker.
kit
excuse me? whatever happened to ACK-WOMAN???? oh, and also you could have made smacking people (McFaddenator) upside the head with projectiles your co-power. Another co-power could have been being attractive to projectiles!!!!!!! I have so many ideas for you, and few for me.
ohhhh sorry kit! i forget everything i know when i do these blogs. which is why stink so much at them. how could i forget ack-woman? but i'll save the projectile attraction for the alison comics.
What a great idea! How fun! I do wish you had told a story as opposed to what you'would' do . . . .
9.5
Post a Comment