Often times, we ponder the fantasy of having a superpower. The idea of defying the laws of nature and logic with unnatural abilities has been a ponderance to many an imagination. There are many superpowers one could have, however, so what and how would one choose for a superpower?
Personally, I would want the power of necromancy, or the power to raise the dead an bind them to your will. This is because I have always found a fascination with the idea of necromancy. I'm not quite sure why; Perhaps it is because it is the idea of controlling them, or simply the dead's embodiment of morbidity.
What I would do with this power is still up for debate. This power would not be limited to "evil," you see. I could command them to be fire fighters, or perhaps I could make a citcom, based on the highly unsuccessful "Caveman" show: "Minions in Miami." I could even have them fight in war, making an almost indestructable barrage of minions. More likely, though, I would simply have fun with them. Causing havoc in a major city simply by sending minions and observing the reaction. I could send my minions to talk shows. I can picture it now:
"Well minion, how are you today?"
"Ugghhhhh."
"You look a little stiff."
If I had an "evil" day, I would destroy a city with them, but that was only if I really felt evil. This wide spectrum of possibilities is one of the attracting factors for the "superpower." The idea of it interests me quite alot, and here is the "anecdote." Despite the fact that I am poor at writing fictional stories, especially those of such an absurd nature as this, I will make an attempt.
Raising minions is always fun. Tyler, who has decided to call himself "Tyler" in his superpowered adventures, has recently learned that his minion, the so-named "Minion 39," will be appearing in an upcoming season of "The Apprentice" with Donald Trump, as a contestant. Tyler, wanting to make Minion 39 appear to be better qualified, has created for Minion 39 a fake certificate of a PhD from Yale (In law) and several fake references by people who won cases on account of his fake law firm.
Anyway, Minion 39's first undertaking was to sell the most Halloween candy on one Halloween. Minion 39 was often congratulated on his "costume" and authentic "scents," and they were factors that allowed him to be the best salesman on his team, named "Winners." (His groupmates weren't a creative bunch). Someone from the other team, which was named "The Winners," was kicked.
In his second challenge, Minion 39 didn't do so well. The challenge was to make the most money by making their own restaraunt. Minion 39 ended up being the waiter. Now, as was mentioned before, Minion 39 has an authentic "scent" and "custome." Without needing to go into details, three people threw up and the ViP who went to his restaraunt, Martha Stewart, fainted.
The boardroom was very catty. Minion 39 and his team-mates Gilbert and Bertrand (They're from a different decade), were constantly exchanged petty, verbal blows. Minion 39 ended up being saved by a hair, and Gilbert was fired. Minion 39 celebrated with champagne, which is ironically the reason he died in the first place.
After many challenges, there were only two people left. The last challenge had taken place, and the competitors had performed evenly. These competitors were Minion 39 and Wilson (You know, from "Cast Away"). Anyway, the Donald decided that Wilson was a better businessman, and Minion 39 is now suffering from a severe case of depression.
Tyler is currently working with Minion 39's friend, Minion 37, to get him out of his depression. In any case Tyler can look forward to a morbid next few months. Gloomy death, how novel.
Personally, I would want the power of necromancy, or the power to raise the dead an bind them to your will. This is because I have always found a fascination with the idea of necromancy. I'm not quite sure why; Perhaps it is because it is the idea of controlling them, or simply the dead's embodiment of morbidity.
What I would do with this power is still up for debate. This power would not be limited to "evil," you see. I could command them to be fire fighters, or perhaps I could make a citcom, based on the highly unsuccessful "Caveman" show: "Minions in Miami." I could even have them fight in war, making an almost indestructable barrage of minions. More likely, though, I would simply have fun with them. Causing havoc in a major city simply by sending minions and observing the reaction. I could send my minions to talk shows. I can picture it now:
"Well minion, how are you today?"
"Ugghhhhh."
"You look a little stiff."
If I had an "evil" day, I would destroy a city with them, but that was only if I really felt evil. This wide spectrum of possibilities is one of the attracting factors for the "superpower." The idea of it interests me quite alot, and here is the "anecdote." Despite the fact that I am poor at writing fictional stories, especially those of such an absurd nature as this, I will make an attempt.
Raising minions is always fun. Tyler, who has decided to call himself "Tyler" in his superpowered adventures, has recently learned that his minion, the so-named "Minion 39," will be appearing in an upcoming season of "The Apprentice" with Donald Trump, as a contestant. Tyler, wanting to make Minion 39 appear to be better qualified, has created for Minion 39 a fake certificate of a PhD from Yale (In law) and several fake references by people who won cases on account of his fake law firm.

Anyway, Minion 39's first undertaking was to sell the most Halloween candy on one Halloween. Minion 39 was often congratulated on his "costume" and authentic "scents," and they were factors that allowed him to be the best salesman on his team, named "Winners." (His groupmates weren't a creative bunch). Someone from the other team, which was named "The Winners," was kicked.
In his second challenge, Minion 39 didn't do so well. The challenge was to make the most money by making their own restaraunt. Minion 39 ended up being the waiter. Now, as was mentioned before, Minion 39 has an authentic "scent" and "custome." Without needing to go into details, three people threw up and the ViP who went to his restaraunt, Martha Stewart, fainted.
The boardroom was very catty. Minion 39 and his team-mates Gilbert and Bertrand (They're from a different decade), were constantly exchanged petty, verbal blows. Minion 39 ended up being saved by a hair, and Gilbert was fired. Minion 39 celebrated with champagne, which is ironically the reason he died in the first place.
After many challenges, there were only two people left. The last challenge had taken place, and the competitors had performed evenly. These competitors were Minion 39 and Wilson (You know, from "Cast Away"). Anyway, the Donald decided that Wilson was a better businessman, and Minion 39 is now suffering from a severe case of depression.
Tyler is currently working with Minion 39's friend, Minion 37, to get him out of his depression. In any case Tyler can look forward to a morbid next few months. Gloomy death, how novel.
5 comments:
Hmm, necromancy. That's a good one. I quite enjoy the idea.
Hopefully Minion 39 will overcome his depression soon.
Alison
Very original superpower. Raised from the dead...an interesting concept. I wonder what it would be like to be an active supposedly deceased body? Not that I want to find out. Still, it would be highly entertaining to see Minions mingling in a modern metropolis...unless Tyler is having a bad day.
Nice work in photoshop. Anyway, I do love a good tale of necromancy. As to Wilson, why did you have to bring that poor deceased loveable soccer ball up ='(. Are you trying to make us depressed?
As I recently re-watched Cast Away, I can attest that Wilson was in fact a volleyball, not a soccer ball. Besides, he never died, he just got the producer mad. They couldn't drop him down an elevator shaft, so they settled for him floating away.
Ok-yet another scary person in text . . .good thing I know you ? ? hmm, anyway . . . well written and thought out.
10
Post a Comment