Friday, April 25, 2008

The "Day of Silence" is a very interesting, and obviously controversial topic. To me it seems like just another one of those days where the different school groups are able to show what they believe in. Although they are trying to make a movement much bigger than they actually can, it is the principle of the thing that makes them happy (I guess). I have no problem with homosexuals, I believe that there is nothing wrong with being who you are, and if who they are is different from everyone else, than so be it. It is not like they are trying to take over the universe with their attraction for the same sex. There is nothing wrong with being gay, and proud. I believe that civil unions are the best answer for the problem of marriage. If this day is saying that "Your okay with being gay" than more power to them. But, if this is just to make a statement of how terrible the world is, and that not speaking for a day will make people understand, than they are wrong. In this case your actions are not speaking louder than your words. If not the case, I must be missing the point.

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

and what person reminds you of someone who stands up for the underdog?