Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Environment
I see the environmental crisis as a serious problem, however it feels very detached from everyday life and is hard to focus on. The whole thing seems surreal and as such, it is hard to take practical steps forward. There are some things me and my family have done to help though. As along as I can remember we have always recycled all of our plastic and metal goods, as well as burning most non-toxic garbage. This saves space and discourages landfills, as well as reducing our impact due to the recycling. Unfortunatlely, my parents insist on driving large cars, and this is just an ideal that falls before practicality. It is just not worth it to buy a new car. We were very unaware of the problem at the time we bought them. I am very aware of the problem, but it is hard to change behavior pattern you have had your whole life. I will probably not be doing anything for earth day, and this is simply because I am human, meaning that sometimes it just feels good to cast away worries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment