I have been picked on before, and it doesn’t feel good. Good for all the people participating in the day of silence, but in all honesty I don’t understand it. I don’t see how it is going to help. Maybe if someone who understands the meaning of it could explain it to me I would feel differently, but at the moment I don’t think it’s going to help stop bullying, and harrasment. I don’t want to offend anyone who believes in it, but I really don’t see the point. I am totally against making fun of people who are different due to religion, sexuality, or any other reason. But personally I feel it is better to stand up and say something, than to have a day of silence.
I admire the character of Atticus Finch in Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. On the day of silence people don’t say anything, and that is supposed to help stick up for those who are bullied, but Atticus said something. When no one else would he stuck up for and defended Tom Robinson. He was happy to help, and was proud for helping him. I also admire all those who are willing to stick up for and speak for those who are bullied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment