SENEY'S RESPONSE
Earth day. Let's see. Honestly, I didn't remember until I got home from school and saw Oprah. She had a special show for Earth Day. I ended up watching it. It was quite interesting and comical. She talked about little ways to help the environment. I learned about some things, for example, all the chemicals in body products. It was incredibly shocking! I didn't really do anything special for Earth Day, but lately my dad, my brother, and myself have been working on a vegetable garden. That counts, right? I mean, my dad is planning a HUGE garden with almost every vegetable you can name!! Unfortunately, my brother and I get the crappy jobs like weeding. :( But now I think I can look at it in a different way. I'm helping the environment by weeding, allowing the vegetables to grow. So, maybe it's not all that bad. My dad is also going to have a pretty large berry garden. (my dad LOVES to garden) We practically have our own orchard! But that doesn't take too much care and the reward is delicious! My mom and dad have been buying energy saving lightbulbs, so that's good. But there's a downside to them. There's mercury in the special lightbulbs, so one has to be careful when disposing them. On the Oprah show I also learned that using reusable bags for grocery shopping or any other kind of shopping can save many trees. The plastic bags used for bagging purchases aren't any better. It takes about 1,000 years for a plastic bag to decompose. That's a LONG TIME!! I turn off the water when I brush my teeth too. I guess I do more things to save energy than I thought. I think that if everyone does something, no matter how small, it could make a change. Our world is very fragile and we all need to do something to preserve it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment