Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day!

To make this world more energy secure I do a number of things. For instance somedays I walk to the store that is down the road from my house. Also I unplug my laptop and let the battery run down so it's not using up alot of electricity all the time. I turn off my lights when I leave the room I use the energy saving light bulbs and I recycle paper and bottles. To try and reduce the use of gasoline, my family tries to combine trips to places so we only have to leave the house a couple times a day. It kind of scares me how much gas prices are going up and I know that my family is cutting back on a few things, but what I think of is what will happen when it goes up more...what else will we be cutting back on? What won't we be able to do? So in order to try and make it so I can conserve energy I'm going to try to take shorter showers, I'll be more willing to combine trips and I'm going to try and always unplug my laptop and turn off my tv when I'm not watching it.

No comments: