Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Earth Day
Earth Day to some people is just another day. To others it is a day to make a difference. I forgot that it was earth day until someone reminded me. To save energy at home I make an effort to turn of lights when I'm done in a room and try to use less water. My parents are trying to run the cars less because of the high gas prices and It is definitely taking an impact in my life. Since gas prices went up we don't eat out as much. My family made a big change this winter. We didn't burn our furnace unless we needed to because we have a fireplace and a coal stove that heats the whole house. By us doing this we saved money and used a lot less energy. I didn't do anything for earth day and even though i care about the planet I don't plan on planting any tree but I will use less water when brushing my teeth and doing the dishes. I think that if everyone did something as simple as turning off a light when their not in a room we could save a lot more energy and could help stop global warming because were not burning as much fossil fules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment