Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shouldn't everyday be Earth Day?

We shouldn't have just ONE day to prove that we want to save our planet. I've heard some people that don't take Al Gore's movie on global warming seriously, just shrugging it off and ignoring it. That can't happen now.

But it can. And it is. We as humans get scared. And when we get scared, we have the habit of running when it gets too bad. If we ignore it, it won't be there. We can fix it by living in a world where nothing goes wrong.

We can't live in that world unless we do things to fix it. Doing things more than just on days when we feel obliged to. It should come every day. You have to make it a habit. Kindness shouldn't be forced.

I've been more conscious with air conditioning and recycling than I have been before--opening my windows more, checking labels and saving bottles for my house if I can't find any places to recycle them at school.

Little things can go a long way. Yeah, maybe helping save the Earth isn't "cool", but it'll be just as cool now as when we're all dying from heat exhaustion.

No comments: