Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day

My family has always been energy concious, if not for the Earth, then for the price. We keep our house at 60 degrees or lower in the winter, and have no air conditioning in the summer. Also, my mom and dad drive somewhat energy efficient cars, they get about 30-40 MPG. However, recently, with all the hype over global warming and pollution we have made some changes. In the past I might leave the Tv on while I'm not watching it or leave a light on in a room that no one is in, I still do this sometimes, but definetly not as often as I used to. I've never left the water on while brushing my teeth so I didn't change that.....What else?.....Oh, my Dad recently purchased some of those fluroscent bulbs that use less energy. We didn't do anything to celebrate Earth Day yet =( but I was thinking about getting some trees to plant, or making a donation to the Amercian Forests Organization or the Arbor Day Foundation.

No comments: