I dont think there's one person alive that hasnt been picked on for something about them. Weither its appearence, actions or their views, someone else will make fun of you. I personally have been made fun of my religion and my views on dating and what not. It doesnt make anyone feel good at all. Although the term seems kinda childish and I think that there needs to be a new term, "Put Down's" are exactally what I'm talking about.
As for this friday, to be honest, I thought it was a day for gay rights. I think that if people wanted others to know what the day on friday was they should have announced it earlier and to the school and I dont think that the people who thought it was a gay rights day should be verbally attacked (Like me) because I keep on seeing that today. One problem I see with supporting this day is that some of the people are so extreme and seem to have a mindset that if you dont support the day then your a jerk and that they shouldnt be talked to. If the people like that were a little less extreme I think that most everything will be better off. I have been glared at and yelled at today because I didnt support it and all ive been told was it was a gay rights day.
Now that I'm off that rant it's actually kinda funny that were supposed to find a character who stood up for the underdog because in the story that I'm writing thats exactally what my main character does to a little boy who gets constantly harassed. But since I actually havent got it down on paper I think that a song that is deticated to this idea of sticking up for the underdogs is "The Little Thing's" by Good Charlotte. The first words of the song is " This song is deticated the the kid who ever got picked last in gym class,who never had a date to a school dance, to whoever has been called a freak." I actually like this song and I give props to the band because they did this.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment