Friday, April 25, 2008

Day of silence

I think it is wrong for people to make fun of other people and call them names. So, I think that it is good that people are standing up for that. I don't like when I am called mean names when the person is serious because it feels like the person is right and you have to change but after a while you realize they are wrong. I don't mind if people are just joking around if it isn't really mean. So, if the day of silence is for people who are picked on for how they look and things like that I support it. But I wouldn't if it was to support people that are gay. But I wouldn't make fun of them because that is their desicion.
A person who stood up for people was Martin Luther King jr. He helped get people who are black get rights. After he did this they got their rights not long after so, he was a big help. I admire how he stood up for himself and other people that were black because it was what he belived in. He also did it knowing that he could get put in jail and maybe killed. Alot of people admire him and are glad he did what he did.

No comments: