You may have noticed I'm not talking today. No one forced me to. I'm standing up for what I believe in.
This quote doesn't say everything that I feel it should say, but it can be applied in a certain way.
"If you cut yourself, you don't cut. If you eat, if you don't eat. If your parents split up, if your parents hit you, if your mom tells you you're a piece of trash. If you got into a car crash and half your face is gone. Wake up every morning, and just give yourself a shot. Just do it. You've been given the grace to wake up another day. Just give it a friggen try." - Aaron Gillepsie (The Almost)
Aaron is an amazing person, first off. He's the drummer in the Christian hardcore band, Underoath (and backup singer), then started a more Christian-y rock based group... The Almost. I connect to his music more than I have with anyone else's, even if I'm not a Christian. He writes true stuff. It doesn't matter where he's coming from.
This quote, for me, applies today because I feel like I have to do this. To prove a point and to prove to everyone else that we're all in this together. That's true in any case, but especially when it comes to this kind of stuff. Don't use bad things that have happened/are happening to you as a crutch. Don't let them weigh you down. Use them as a guide to learn what you feel you have to accomplish.
You have nothing to lose when you stand up for what you believe in. If you pour every ounce of yourself--every negative, every positive, every emotion... you'll do it. You'll fix what you were trying to fix. You'll save what you were trying to save. And I truly believe that.
Take no one's crap (I would say something else, but I think Gaboury would yell at me... haha). If you want to do it and someone gives you mouth, ignore it. Stand up to them. Don't give them what they want.
With this said, I appreciate the people who have been supportive of what I'm trying to do today. Not making fun of me. Even if you didn't understand it, you still let me do what I had to do.
I have learned that this year, I'm a take no... schist (SCIENCE TERM. IT'S LEGIT! :]) kind of person and it doesn't matter who you are. I won't take it. I'll stand up for whatever I need to do, no matter what the cause. So thank you guys for understanding what I really had to do.
<3
Peace, love, belief.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sticking up for the silenced.
Post a Comment