Sorry, my posts keep coming late. I keep missing class due to lessons and such, so I have to finish my blogs at home and I don’t get to them until later.
2007...it was pretty great. If I could choose one word to sum it all up I would choose change. I have change not only my appearance (not a lot), but I have changed my view on life and friends very much.
It is hard to remember everything from 2007, but I'll try...
I was in the school play in 8th grade. I had a blast and made a lot of new friends. It built my confidence to have a pretty big role. I played Louise, the owner of the Luncheonette. I have so many memories, from the waitress costume to the cast party.
At the end of 8th grade, finals almost killed me, but I ended up getting good grades on all of my tests. I was especially proud of myself for getting a very high score on the earth science regents exam. And then graduation and formal were great experiences. I had fun in 8th grade.
Summer was awesome! I went to Skye Farm camp where I experienced for myself a lesson that was taught to me for many years. I learned to not judge a book by it's cover. There was a girl at camp who at first glance looked like a mean, to herself person. She dressed in a lot of black and I thought that she would be weird. Was I ever wrong!! Lorelai is the nicest, funniest person I have ever met. She was so much fun to be with. She made our group so much fun. I will never forget her! On the other hand, a girl who looked nice turned out to be very annoying. But, I ended up making 3 new friends. I really hope to see them again sometime. Skye farm made me realize that you really have to get to know a person before you judge them. It also reminded me that there are so many different kinds of people in this world (for Steph: Cube, Brett, the counselor from
Around the beginning of the school year, a new family moved in next door. There are two little boys and the mother is pregnant with a little girl. I’m very excited because I hope I am babysit them a lot. I love children. I am excited about the new baby too. I babysit for a little girl and a little boy. I was able to see the boy grow up to where he is now (2-years-old). It was very exciting to see him learn new things, like crawling and walking and talking (saying my name for the first time!!!) Now I hope I can do the same with the new little girl.
Then, there was high school...a different school, different teachers, and different experience. I was not as worried to go into high school as I was to go into middle school, but I was nervous. It is a lot of work, but I am doing pretty well.
I also participated in tennis, which I had never played before. I hadn’t even played a school sport before. I liked tennis and will play it again next year. I have so many memories, both good and bad, from tennis. But, overall I am glad I decided to take tennis.
I definitely questioned my friendships after a fight. I realized that Steph is like my soul sister and we are totally psychic and can read each others minds. I also realized that I have other friends who are not so nice to me behind my back and whom I cannot trust.
I am very happy with my life. If I were to choose a song to sum up my whole year, I would choose the song “Makes Me Happy” by Drake Bell. (I love this song.) This year really has made me happy. I look back at it and remember all of the great times. I also remember the bad times, but know that I was able to get through them with the help of my friends and family. I can’t wait for all of the great times to come in 2008!!!
1 comment:
the play yay!!!
cube?
"I definitely questioned my friendships after a fight. I realized that Steph is like my soul sister and we are totally psychic and can read each others minds. I also realized that I have other friends who are not so nice to me behind my back and whom I cannot trust."
just puttin that in there!
love the song choice!
(and yes i know that this is a very late comment but i wanted to comment on it so...)
Post a Comment